- newPresident Mursi Heads to Ethiopia On Friday
[Aswat Masriya]Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi is going to travel on Friday to Addis Ababa to participate in the 21st African Union Summit for presidents.
- 6 hours ago, 25 May 13, 8:53am -
- newPresident Zuma Arrives in Addis Ababa for the AU 50th Anniversary
[SA Govt]President Jacob Zuma has this morning, 24 May 2013, arrived in Addis Ababa, in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, to attend the 21ST Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union, scheduled to take place on 26 and 27 May. T…
- 10 hours ago, 25 May 13, 4:47am -
- Kerry to Visit Ethiopia for Security Talks
[VOA]U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is headed to Ethiopia for security talks with regional officials and to attend a 50th anniversary celebration for the African Union.
- 1 day ago, 24 May 13, 1:23pm -
- Pan African Business Conference Opens in Addis Ababa
[ERTA]Pan African Business Conference organized in connection with the 50th Anniversary of the OAU/AU opens on Friday at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) in Addis Ababa.
- 1 day ago, 24 May 13, 12:42pm -
- Economy to Expand By 11.3 Percent
[ERTA]Ethiopia's economy is estimated to expand by 11.3 per cent in the 2012/13 budget year. This is according to a 9 month performance reported to the Budget and Finance Affairs Permanent Committee of the Parliament by Sofian Ahmed, Minister of Fina…
- 1 day ago, 24 May 13, 10:26am -
- Building Resilience of the Poor in Ethiopia
[ERTA]Fewer than one in ten workers in least developed countries have any kind of social security, so when weather disasters or ill-health strike, the poor are extremely vulnerable. According to weather experts, the number of such natural disasters h…
- 2 days ago, 23 May 13, 2:28pm -
- Sudanese Refugees Relocated in Ethiopia
[ERTA]The United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) has relocated over 1,480 Sudanese refugees from the border to Sherkole camp in Ethiopia pushing the capacity of the camp beyond the initial limit of 9,000 people.
- 2 days ago, 23 May 13, 2:27pm -
- African Youth, Children Forum Opens 21 May At AU
[ERTA]The three day meeting of the African Youth and Children Forum opened on Tuesday at the AU Conference Center. The meeting is part of the 50th Anniversary Summit and held under the theme: "African Renaissance: the Africa we want to see 2063." The…
- 2 days ago, 23 May 13, 2:26pm -
- Rock Arts Showpiece Lights Up Addis Ababa
[ERTA]Wednesday of 22 May 2013 sees rock arts on the menu at the Plenary Hall of the AUC Conference Centre, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as a colloquium and art show open to celebrate African Union's (AU) 50th anniversary.
- 2 days ago, 23 May 13, 2:25pm -
- Three African Countries Banned From AU Summit
[ERTA]Central African Republic, Guinea Bissau and Madagascar have been banned from attending the 21st summit of the African Union (AU), to be held from 25 to 27 May in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 2 days ago, 23 May 13, 2:23pm -